I not only know, but I’m dam sure that you are crazy about the nutty flavour of almonds, and therefore, today I’ve come up with a simple recipe that can satiate your craving not only for the nutty flavour of almonds but also for the sweetness.
Double chocolate almond butter cookies are like perfect partner to your cappuccino and espresso. Have a look at its ingredients and recipe.
1 cup of ground almonds
½ cup of gluten free flour
1 cup of raw cacao powder
3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
5 tablespoons of coconut sugar
4 tablespoons of Basic Truth Almond Butter - I have used here the Cacao Powder with coconut sugar flavour.
1 bar of melted chocolate you prefer
½ teaspoon of baking powder
A pinch of Himalayan Pink salt
4 tablespoons of Basic Truth Almond Butter – Preferably Cacao Powder with coconut sugar variant.
Steps to make:
- Start by preheating the oven at 180 degree Celsius. Prepare a backing tray lined with some parchment paper.
- Now, take a bowl and start mixing the grounded almond, gluten free flour, baking powder and Himalayan pink salt.
- Now add the melted coconut oil, melted chocolate, coconut sugar and Basic Truth Almond butter.
- Mix everything together until you have a smooth dough.
- With your hands take about a small golf ball of the dough and flatten it with your palms until it has a cookie shape. Repeat the process until you end up with complete dough.
- Place the cookies on the baking tray and bake it in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow your cookies to cool down COMPLETELY to the room temperature before proceeding with the filling.
- To make the filling. Simply use Basic Truth almond butter variants. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the almond butter onto 1 cookie and place another cookie on top. Press the combo for a while and let them stick with each other.
- Your cookies are now ready to eat. Enjoy your delicious Double Chocolate almond butter cookie with a refreshing cup of cappuccino or your all-time favorite espresso.