FOR THE BREAD
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
1 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup of creamy Basic Truth Almond Butter
1/4 cup of sour cream
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of Basic Truth Almond butter chips
FOR THE ALMOND BUTTER GLAZE
1/2 cup Basic Truth’s almond butter
1 tbsp. powdered coconut sugar
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350º Celsius.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with oil or butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together butter, sugar, Basic Truth almond butter, sour cream and vanilla. Add mashed bananas and stir until combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to bowl with other wet ingredients until they combined. Fold in chocolate chips, Basic Truth Almond Butter chips, and most of the bacon (reserve some for topping) and transfer to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hr. Let cool the bread for 10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely to room temperature.
- Make glaze: Whisk together Basic Truth Almond butter, powdered sugar and salt. Drizzle the glaze over cooled banana bread and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits.